Yanchang Petroleum report 1: capturing CO2 from coal to chemical process
To promote the development of CCS in China, the Global CCS Institute and China National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) held a joint carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) workshop in Yan’An China in July 2013. Out of this collaboration the Global CCS Institute has commissioned Yanchang Petroleum Group to produce four knowledge-sharing reports on its integrated CCS project.
This first report of the series discusses the capture aspects of Yanchang Petroleum CCUS Project. It highlights project achievements and lessons learned from the project.
Tony Zhang, Institute Senior Adviser for Capture, Asia-Pacific provides an overview of this report in an Insight available on the Global CCS Institute website.
Recommended to you
- Yanchang CO2 EOR: Unique Geology, Unique Challenges
- Capturing carbon from coal-to-chemicals at Yanchang
- Carbon capture for coal to chemical industry in North West China
- Yanchang Petroleum report 2: CO2 storage and EOR in ultra-low permeability reservoir in the Yanchang Formation, Ordos Basin
- Yanchang Petroleum CCS Project- Enhanced oil recovery using CO2 in North West China